Saturday, September 12, 2009

Frame Is Going Up!




Hello!

September is flying by and we have begun framing the house! Today as I came up the road from Pleasant Hill it was neat to see our house from the distance -- it's really starting to take shape and look bigger! Mike and I are pleased with our overseer, Brian, who always answers our calls and questions.


We had a slight problem with a couple of the 4" blocks not adhering properly, and they immediately sent someone out to fix them -- and they aren't going anywhere now! The framing is looking good, but of course Mike and I are watching everything we can like a hawk.

I think the next step is ordering cabinets, so I need to meet and make sure everyone knows what is to be drawers and what is to be regular cabinets, etc. Flooring choices have been picked out, but as usual my mind has been changed for the ump-teenth time! Need to go back to the drawing board for the tile and laminate colors.

Things are moving along -- I'm on Homecoming Committee at school, so Mike is doing most of the building stuff and normal housework stuff -- maybe we can slow down over Christmas Break???

Love to all!

Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know what you think of our progress!